The CalArts Pool Fisheye Snapshot

Jerome Dunn (Critical Studies, Dance, Music, Theater 99)

Jerome Dunn reports, “Following my triumphant graduation speech as our class representative, I warped into radical bipolar symptoms, and all the highlarious, abject international chaos that ensued. It took several decades for me to find the right medication and, having accomplished that heroic feat, I am poised to release three LPs with my six-piece band, the Pill Paupers. The first, Never a Dull Blundr (sic), 11 tracks of solid gold, alludes to the absurd missteps I took in writing, recording, and releasing the music. The second, Anthems for Incels, 19 high-fidelity gems, is nothing short of a piercingly brilliant idea whose time should never have come. The third, Expose Yourself, is a concert video/LP, shot on the occasion of my second video release, and featuring prominent members of the Detroit rock ‘n roll scene, including Marcy Bolen (Von Bondies) and Wayne Kramer!! (MC5). I wrote, arranged, produced, and played multiple instruments, plus sang on these recordings. I have further released two music videos (so far) and just started a job teaching songwriting/recording/production and marketing to imprisoned/at-risk youth. Follow me at jerrythepriest.com.”