The CalArts Pool Fisheye Snapshot

Mage Lockwood (Music 17)

Mage Lockwood writes, “I have never been so career-focused in my life. For summer ’22, I have numerous conferences and training that I must attend: ⭐️ 2022 National Association of Music Merchants Show ⭐️ 2022 Association for Popular Music Education Conference ⭐️ Music for Young Children Training in June 2022 ⭐️ Avid Sibelius Certification Training in July 2022 ⭐️ Music Teachers’ Association of California Convention 2022. I am proud to say that one of my youngest students achieved second place in composers aged 7 and younger for her composition in the Composers Today program run by the Music Teachers’ Association of California. I also took home third place for my own composition ‘Wistful’ in the advanced teacher composition category. 🤘🏽But what I really want to do is form a band and play my own original music. I am currently enrolled in CalArts’ Coursera course, ‘Plan a Successful Freelancing Business.’ Check out my music lessons business. Check out my artistry. Don’t be a stranger–hope to hear what you’ve been up to, too!” 😎

Mage Lockwood also adds, “I’m proud of my students for achieving their musical best in programs offered by the Music Teachers’ Association of California (MTAC)! 🤩 🎶 In this photo, we have: ⭐️ Emma, second place winner in the ages 7 and under category for the Composers Today State Contest ⭐️ Sebastian, selected for Improvisation Celebration Recital ⭐️ Eros, selected for Improvisation Celebration Recital ⭐️ Mage, NCTM, third-place winner in the Teacher Advanced Composition category for the Composers Today State Contest. We are all going to perform our selections during the MTAC 2022 Convention in Garden Grove, California, on both Sunday, July 3 and Saturday, July 4. Congratulations to these students for their musical success! 👏🏽”

Mage Lockwood (Music 17)