The CalArts Pool Fisheye Snapshot

David Weinberg (Critical Studies, Theater BFA 97)

David Weinberg (Critical Studies, Theater BFA 97) writes, “I moved to London in 2003 to complete an MA at RADA, and I have since worked as an actor and director at West End theaters, including the Arts Theater, Leicester Square Theater, St. James Theater, Trafalgar Studios, and the Soho Theater, as well as Off-West End/regionally/internationally at the Young Vic Theater, Oxford Playhouse, Piper’s Opera House, Cockpit Theater, King’s Head Theater, Rose Playhouse, Theatro Technis, Baron’s Court Theater, Burton Taylor Studio, Etcetera Theater, Actors Lab Theater (Los Angeles), Hudson Theater (Los Angeles), RADA, and a festival hosted by the RSC in Stratford-upon-Avon. In 2012 it was confirmed that I was the first American to direct at the historic Rose Theatre, Bankside, where the plays of Shakespeare and Marlowe were first performed. My first book, Off-Broadway/Off-West End: America Influence on the Alternative Theater Movement in Britain 1956–1980, was published in 2017. My new book, The Marowitz Compendium, will be published in Europe (Ibidem Press) and America (Columbia University Press) this fall. I have taught theater studies at Kingston University London and the University of London.”