The CalArts Pool Fisheye Snapshot

Kiki Ebsen (Music BFA 85)

Kiki Ebsen (Music BFA 85) says, “Upon graduation, I parlayed my skills together with what I learned at CalArts into my first touring job as an off-stage keyboardist and MIDI programmer for the rock group Chicago. This led to a 30-year stint as a touring sideman, singing and playing piano for dozens of acts, including Al Jarreau, Boz Scaggs, Tracy Chapman, and Christopher Cross. During that time, I released seven solo CDs with a new one set for release this summer. In recent years, I created a one-woman show about my father called To Dad With Love: A Tribute to Buddy Ebsen. This award-winning musical ran for a month last fall at Theatre West in Hollywood to rave reviews (buddyebsentribute.com). My Joni Mitchell Project was launched in 2016 to pay homage to this amazing songwriter and features LA’s finest musicians. I perform solo concerts often as well as guest with symphony pops orchestras and bring my ensembles to cabaret, festival, and civic and cultural arts center settings (kikiebsen.com). I founded The Healing Equine Ranch 501(c)3 organization (thehealingequineranch.com) 13 years ago as a horse sanctuary. It serves as an education center as well as a space for natural horsemanship enthusiasts.”