The CalArts Pool Fisheye Snapshot

Dennis C. Brown (Music BFA 71)

Dennis C. Brown (Music BFA 71) reports, “In 2016, after completing 14 seasons of Two and a Half Men and six seasons of Mike and Molly, I began to get the itch to retire. Upon realizing that I had scored at least one TV series each year since the inception of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in 1988, I made my decision that, yes, it was time to scratch that itch. So I now consider myself fully retired and enjoying life to the fullest. I occasionally have to send some music to the series Mom or do specialty music for Bob Hearts Abishola, but most of my time is spent following my whims. I’ve been gardening, landscaping, redecorating, doing yoga, going to the gym, and enjoying opera, plays, film, and concerts. Of course, I can’t let go of my music. So much of my time is spent trying to conquer the instrument I’ve been playing since age 7, the piano. By gosh, I think I can finally play stride piano. What a blast! I’m also spending time on the dobro and am working on my classical guitar chops. I still have all the pieces I was supposed to master while at CalArts.”