The CalArts Pool Fisheye Snapshot

David Weinberg ’97

David Weinberg ’97 reports, “I moved to London in 2003 to complete an MA at RADA, and have since worked as an actor and director at West End theaters including the Arts Theater, Leicester Square Theater, St. James Theater, Trafalgar Studios, and the Soho Theater as well as Off-West End/Regionally at the Young Vic Theater, Oxford Playhouse, Cockpit Theater, King’s Head Theater, Rose Playhouse, Theatro Technis, Baron’s Court Theater, Burton Taylor Studio, Etcetera Theater, RADA, and a festival hosted by the RSC in Stratford-on-Avon. In 2012 it was confirmed that I was the first American to direct at the historic Rose Theater, Bankside where the plays of Shakespeare were first performed. My first book, Off-Broadway/Off-West End: American Influence on the Alternative Theater Movement in Britain 19561980, was published in 2017. My new book The Marowitz Compendium is forthcoming from Rowman and Littlefield in 2020. I’ve taught at both Kingston University London and the University of London.”